POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Possibly of interest to Larry Niven fans : Possibly of interest to Larry Niven fans Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  Possibly of interest to Larry Niven fans
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Oct 2006 08:30:00
Message: <web.452ce31c1704c8e0731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Just thought I'd post this 'cos it made me laugh.

To explain:
I'm trying to write a macro to place books on a shelf (I know such things
already exist; it's more fun this way!). Rather than pick random titles
from a long list, I thought I'd see if generating random titles given
smaller lists of component strings was more efficient. To test it, I've
taken about 36 words from titles of Larry Niven novels in two text files,
and obtained a long list of 'Niven-esque' SF novel titles.

Some of them sound hilarious, especially if you're familiar with Niven's
work!

(Only one is a correctly-named novel, although several others come close...)

njoy
Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: